Welcome to our website !

My Skincare Routine

By 8:20 AM , , , , ,


Hey guys! I (think) I have finally decided on a skincare routine that works for me, so I thought I would share this miraculous moment with you. I didn't mean to colour coordinate my products but as it happens I have gone with a blue theme! I have broken my routine down (in order) of cleansers/exfoliators, toners & moisturisers. 

Cleansers/Exfoliators

 My skincare routine follows the same pattern in the mornings and evenings: cleanser, toner, moisturiser - standard. Every morning I wash my face with the Garnier Pure Active make-up remover purifying gel. In the evenings I use this as well, however every 2-3 days or so I like to use an exfoliating wash instead. When I do that I use Simple's Clear Skin oil balancing facial scrub. 
I have spoken about the Garnier Pure Active gel in a previous post, so I won't ramble on about it for too long. But guys, this stuff is amazing! Gentle, gets all my make-up off and doesn't sting my eyes! If that's not a skincare miracle then I don't know what is! 
The Simple Oil Balancing scrub has also proven to be a little gem: not too harsh on my skin, and it has proven to control shine like it says it will. I love the Simple products because I know they won't irritate my skin with harsh chemicals or perfumes, so they are always a safe bet when I pop down to Boots. 
Both of these products contain antibacterial properties, in the gel it's Salicylic Acid and in the scrub it's Witch Hazel. Both of these are amazing if you are suffering with a breakout. Although, I wouldn't recommend to use a scrub if you are suffering from spots or acne because it will irritate with skin and spread the bacteria around. Whenever I see a breakout appearing I stick to the gel until it's all cleared up!

Toners

The second step of my skincare routine depends on the first step. If I have used the Garnier gel then I will use an exfoliating toner - my weapon of choice is the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions clarifying toner. This stuff is a little pricier, but it lasts for ages and really does the trick. It has tiny exfoliating particles at the bottom (looks a bit like sand) so I just give it a shake and apply to a cotton pad and sweep across my face. It helps to get any leftover cleanser/make-up off and tightens pores to avoid any other gunk getting in there!
If I have used an exfoliator as the first step of my routine I want to use a gentler toner then so I reach for my Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner. This is much more soothing on the skin, which is good if you've just had a good ol' scrub at it. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean.

Moisturisers

My go-to morning mousturiser of the moment is Simple's Illuminating Radiance Cream, I have also spoken about this in a previous post, but just to repeat myself a little, it has an SPF of 15 and really gives a nice glow to my face for those summery 'no make-up' days!
I use a different mousturiser for evenings as I don't need one with an SPF in it. I have been a long-time user of Environ products and this mousturising gel is perfect for nighttime. It has loads of face happy vitamins, like vitamin A, these are very hydrating and evenings are the perfect time as your skin is most absorbent when you're asleep. This is why it's crucial to make sure all of your make-up is off before bed!  
Now, the last product is a bit of an odd one and a new discovery of an old classic. I read somewhere that Vaseline is actually a very good eye cream, and for someone with serious baggage this was a godsend! I didn't have to dole out hundreds for a pricey celeb-fad miracle eye cream, but could instead use something that I always have in my top drawer! It has worked wonders in making my under eye area more rejuvenated and has made the skin firmer even, which helps to disguise those dreaded purple puffs! I also use it on my lips before bed to keep them plump and happy. The biggest advantage of Vaseline (aka wonder eye cream) is the price! Cheap and it lasts a lifetime, what more could you want!!

Let me know what wonder products you guys use and if you've found this post helpful :)
Cara x




 




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I did this a week ago on my blog! Your products look great, as was this post xx

    louleecutie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post and great products! I'm looking for more skincare essentials myself so this post has been really useful! Abi :) myw0rldmyview.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete