Welcome to our website !

Fighting Rainy Day Boredom

By 7:38 AM , , , , ,

cup of tea, goldfinch by donna tartt and disposable camera photos on blanket

macbook pro, netflix, bed, cushions, interior bedrrom
(MacBook Pro 15", Fluffy grey heart pillow from Next)
The weather in the UK has taken a turn for the worst and I'm afraid to say I think summer may be over! I have been at a loss at what to do in this recent monsoon season as I can no longer go for ice creams, take long walks on the beach or sun bathe! I thought I would share a few of the things I am currently occupying myself with.

  • Cups of tea are critical when it's raining cats and dogs. It keeps you warm and awake in the cold weather. I take mine with 1 sugar (preferably brown) with a little bit of milk.
  • A good book is another thing that gets me through days like these. I secretly look forward to the rain so that I can spend the day curled up in bed with a good book. I am currently reading 'Goldfinch' by Donna Tartt - can highly recommend
  • Old photos have been making appearances a lot lately. I am very snap happy with my disposable camera, which is fab as it gives you hardcopies to flick through again and again. I have also been in tears laughing over some old facebook photos. Looking through funny photos you've forgotten about keeps spirits high when it's gloomy outside.
  • Netflix has been a godsend over summer. From old classics to new series I have been hooked, even more so when I can't be outside. I have recently been enjoying Orange is the New Black, Utopia, rewatching Sherlock and Mock the Week.  
Let me know what you've been doing to fight the rainy day boredom! 
Cara x



You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I love the photos! I agree, we've had some bad storms! Typical British weather! I love looking at old photos and tea and Netflix is a must! Great post! Abi :) myw0rldmyview.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely photos and overall a really great post! If you are interested why not check out my blog?

    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am obsessed with Orange is the New Black! I love your bed sheets, where are they from?! I've just discovered your blog and I've just followed you on Bloglovin, I can't wait to read more of your posts!
    Milly xx
    http://miyyime.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The bed sheets are about 18 years old sorry, haha got them in South Africa when I was a baby! xx

      Delete