Welcome to our website !

Healthy Summer Snacks

By 7:45 AM , , , , , , , ,

This past week it has been abnormally hot here in the UK, something that happens rarely! So, I thought I would share some refreshing and healthy snack ideas with you guys.


Firstly, I have recently been enjoying making hummus. Its super easy and you need very few ingredients. All you need is:

  • 1 tin of chickpeas
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 3 heaped tbsp tahini
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • Salt & pepper
The great thing with the recipe is that you can change the quantities of the ingredients to your preference or add others. In the photo above I added a teaspoon of smoked paprika to the hummus and added some more on top with a few coriander leaves. I usually eat mine with cucumber sticks, mini carrots or toasted pitta bread. 


The next one isn't really a recipe but just a way to make your drinks more summery and fun! I love putting fruit or herbs in ice trays to make lovely summer drinks - it adds colour and makes them even more delicious! Similarly to the hummus you can add anything you'd like. In the pictures above I've added raspberries and mint leaves but you could add a load of things such as: blueberries, orange peel, rosemary, strawberries, lemon peel, etc.

Other things I have been enjoying making/eating are homemade popsicles, I usually use orange or pineapple juice and pour it into a popsicle mould. Smoothies!! Ever since I got my Breville Blend Active blender I have been making loads of different smoothie combinations. 
Let me know what you guys have been enjoying eating recently and how hot it is where you are! 





You Might Also Like

0 comments